Like each and every form of exercise, sufficient starting to warm up and stretching is mandatory before and after a game of golf to remain the muscles in pattern. If you hurt one self while playing, stop immediately and apply ice over the area. Continuing to play might cause more harm. It is advisable to start with the most reliable ALMOND (Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation) technique of treatment to relieve pain. Other possible treatments for the speedy recovery include pain relievers, absolute other injured area, physical remedies, ultrasound and surgery inside worst cases. Some quick suggestions about rehabilitation:
- It is important to consult a Physical Therapist, one who specializes in golf and related injuries.
- Change of equipment from a heavier to a lighter one, will decrease the weight of the club and thereby reduce the stress.
- Developing strong core muscles will engage the larger muscle groups and enable the body to help swing the club.
Golf related Hand Injuries and how to recover from them.
Wrist injuries can occur don't just in the beginners but more in the professional golfers so much that wrist has become the subject of discussion among golf enthusiasts. Golf injuries of that wrist are rare, but when they do occur they are often devastatingly similar to this of frozen wrists in those that work for long hours on the computer. The pain is excruciating allowing it to cripple your hand movement or even given timely attention. Just in case a back spasm, it truly is still possible to play which includes a corset brace. In case associated with ankle sprain, it continues to possible to take the cart practically around the ball and participate in. In case of an elbow injury, it is possible to swing the club and hit that ball. Whereas, incase to a wrist injury, it is just not possible to find the club. Even if an injured golfer picks that swing it, his fear will stay away from him from going further and he will flinch or drop that club. Wrist pain can be be extremely disabling and can make playing golf impossible.
The two major types of injuries of the wrist in golfers are:
- Tendonitis (inflammation in the tendon). Due to overuse in the wrist flexor muscles the tendons get stretched out causing chronic pain, tenderness and inability to move the wrist. Apart because of age, bad golf mechanics or inadequate strength or a wrong grip, too much stress over the collagen fibers of the tendons around the wrist causes a micro-rupture for the fibers
- Ulnar-Carpal (wrist) joint wounds. The strain arising because of over swinging of this club can tear and also over-stretch the ulnar (outside) tendon causing pain. As long as being the wrist is locked after you hold a club, it doesn’t hurt but after you swing the club, the pain arises.
How do wrist injuries occur and how to keep them at bay while playing golf?
- Over swinging: of the club and exerting your wrists to its maximum capacity.
- Casting the club: In an attempt to get more power and distance, there is a conscious attempt to hinge or cock the wrist this quick rolling has an impact on the forearm.
- Weak grip: Most beginners who have not developed adequate forearm power end up with a weak wrists or grip strength. This is because the tendons work harder to keep the wrist steady during the swing.